Monday, January 16, 2012

Transitions

Well,  I have to say that the last couple of days have been difficult, but we made it through.  Nathan left to go to Rock Springs for training.  He will be gone until the 5th of February.  The kids were OK yesterday until it was time for bed.  Daddy makes cooler voices than mommy when reading bedtime stories.  However, we made it through the evening with only minor commentary.  
Today has been more difficult.  They expect their daddy to be around.  It is unusual for me to be home instead of Nate.  Aedan commented, "I miss my daddy.  You know, Nathan, your honey."  Which just made me chuckle.  As if I didn't know he was Aedan's dad or my honey.  Ariana hasn't really asked for him other than at nap-time.  She was crying and fussing and ultimately just cried, "Daddy, Daddy" and then went to sleep.  Since then, they have been able to speak to him and see him on Skype and they seem to be in better spirits.  
Nathan is a little bored.  His first day of training went well, but was slow moving.  He had to fill out a bunch of tax forms, employment forms, reimbursement forms, questionnaires, etc.  Tomorrow ought to be better for him.  The hotel isn't bad and is right across the street from where training is held and he has a hot tub and swimming pool readily available.  I wish I had a hot tub readily available.  I would sink right in and possibly warm up for the winter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment